Friday, August 27, 2010
Whoa...
So this week was the first week back to work with the students and my Tuesday wasn't a good one. I was outside helping to monitor kids for an extra morning recess and I was standing in the sun. I started to feel really hot and sweaty, which then progressed to feeling dizzy too. I told the teacher, that I'm working with, that I needed to go in, have a break, or just sit down. So I went to go sit in the shade by the door. When I felt a little better I decided to go into the air-conditioned lounge to see if that helped. I made my way down the hall and into the lounge. After having done that, I began to feel very sick to my stomach and proceeded to the bathroom. The rest is a little fuzzy. I don't remember falling but I aparently passed out in the doorway to the restroom. I remember hitting my head on the floor and then I stayed on the floor for a minute to collect myself and then decided to get up slowly and assess the damage. I immediately noticed a big red mark on my forehead so I dabbed my face with a wet paper towel and slowly went back to the lounge to sit for a few minutes. I drank plenty of water until I felt well enough to go to the secretary's office to inform her. So...to make this long story a little shorter, I ended up probably being the first accident report of the year, plus my husband had to come get me and take me to the ER to get checked out. No damage other than bruises on the forehead and nose in addition to the nice goose egg I developed on my head. The baby was just fine; 168bpm with the doppler. I'm still a little sore, but am taking extra precautions to have several little snacks during the morning and afternoon in addition to my main meals. So far so good... :-D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment